Saturday, December 29, 2007

Kushies Cloth Diaper AIOs

Kushies


I found Kushies at Wal-mart while shopping one day. There were only 2 packages of the Kushies (5 pack) and I'd never heard of them, but thought I'd pick them up to try at a whopping $37.95 (that's only $8 per diaper after tax!). I asked a couple CDing friends whether they thought the diapers were decent but most of the feedback I received was that, for the price, they probably aren't very good (the "you get what you pay for" adage).

I decided to try them anyway. I've now been using them for over a month and I have to say they work great for me. The first time using them, I didn't pull them snug around the leg and tighten them well, so they leaked. Initially, I was going to blame the diaper, but I kept trying them and found that they haven't leaked again.

I often use these at night with an additional soaker in the middle. Again, no leaks!

After doing a search on the internet for cost, I realize how very inexpensive they were and I'm off to Wal-Mart to discover whether there is still another package left.

PROS: *These diapers are very inexpensive and really do the trick!

*After washing every other day for a month, they still work great. I admit, though, that I don't typically dry them in the dryer, I just hang dry them in hopes they will last longer.

*With the fit, they should make it another 6-8 months, when dd gets close to 22 lbs.

CONS: *Be careful not to wash them with bright colored diaper covers, they will become stained from the wash. (Of course, I learned that as a newbie and just wanted to pass it along).

*They are supposed to fit 10-22 lbs, but I've found it's closer to 13 lbs when they fit the best. You can make them fit at 10 lbs, but you have to be sure to make the fasteners snug.

*With the 5 pack, you get 2 patterns and 3 solids. The two patterns are really cute, but as you might now with CDing alot of moms like the cute patterns and these aren't quite as fashionable.


COST: $8-13 per diaper, depending on where you purchase them. At Wal-Mart, they are approx $8 a diaper, at Babies R' Us they are about $10 per diaper and online they are $13 per diaper

Rating
(out of 4): ratingratingrating

Comments
: These are great diapers! Not as fashionable or flashy, but very economical and worth the price.

0 comments:


  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP