Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ergo baby carrier

My new favorite product! The Ergo Baby Carrier.

Photobucket
My SIL recommended the Beco carrier, which I've also heard from others is fantastic. This one is similar, just not as pretty, but it was about $30 cheaper.

I've now had the opportunity to carry baby Lily (8.5 months old, 21.75 lbs) for hours at a time and I don't get sore! She loves being on my back, especially since she can really see what is going on. Today at an outing, she slept for a half hour in the front, and carried on my back for another hour while I played skeeball and played other games with our girls.

It's also ergonomic for mom and baby. I've noticed I don't slouch with this carrier and baby Lily loves to be in it as if I were holding her.

9/12/08 UPDATE: It's now been two months and I still LOVE this carrier! The pocket is big enough to put a diaper, a small wallet and a travel size wipes. Just a word of warning: when you're putting baby on your back, sit on a chair or in the front seat of the car. It's a bit tricky, but works so well! My little one is now 11 months old and I can carry her for hours without back, neck and shoulder pain.

2 comments:

Kathy_in_Colorado July 2, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

Hey Dawn, How much is this? I appreciate the feedback - love stuff like this. I'm going to be a grandma in a few months - this could be a good idea for a gift. So many choices .......

~Dawn July 3, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

Kathy,

I bought it in Ft. Collins at Clothes Pony, so no shipping that way. It was $100. Online, it's $100 + Shipping. I have had many different carriers (Maya Wrap and Baby Bjorn--both great for little ones, but not as they get heavier) and this is the one that doesn't hurt my shoulders and back :)


  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP