Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Imse Vimse Training Pants

My two year old is potty training. Really, she's potty training me. I had no desire to potty train with a newborn, but my little Katie had different ideas.

It's gone rather well considering. We've had a setback, but in the last few days she has done amazingly well! And, in the end, any number of diapers I don't have to change are a bonus.

I'm not a big fan of the thick underwear and rubber pants. *shudder* I've used them in the past. They don't breathe and they cause stinky odors. Instead, I've tried other training pants and my favorite so far are these:

Photobucket

They are absorbant enough that an accident doesn't get nasty and leak. Even a poop accident stays in the training pants, though cleaning up the accident is no more or less messy than changing a poopy cloth diaper.

PROS: If you're serious about potty training, these are great! They look and feel like undies--not bulky like most trainers--and hold in accidents well. They also feel wet so, unlike the name brand pullups, kids know the training pants are wet and get uncomfortable.

CONS: If you have a really heavy wetter, they may not contain the mess as well. They are pricey, but if you're willing to wash imagine the savings! You'll make at least the cost back and save some serious landfill space. These are not good for overnight; for overnight, I'd recommend and All-In-One diaper or traditional cloth diaper and cover.

COST: $13.50 (For the cost of one box of the name brand disposable training pants, you can buy 2 pairs).

Rating (out of 4): PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

0 comments:


  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP