Monday, December 1, 2008

Product Review: Clever Cat Litter Pan

Clever Cat Litter Pan



We have two cats, Zoe Pinkle Purr (female) and Pyewacket (male). They are both about 5 months old and messy like all little ones are. I became so frustrated with the amount of kitty litter on the floor and the smell that I started a search for a new pan.

I had considered the "self-cleaning" pan, but wondered if it would be any better at containing the litter. Scooping isn't a big deal with the all-natural litters that clump (no clay here), so I wasn't impressed with the price of a self-scoopin pan.

I found the Clever Cat Litter Pan on one of the national chain websites and thought I'd try it. I was rather skeptical about a top entry pan since my cats were still rather small at the time (10 weeks old).

This pan has been amazing! I didn't have to "train" them to use it, like other reviews I read. I just showed them the pan and they used it immediately. Of course, there's no such thing as a pan with no litter tracking at all, but most of it gets trapped in the lid on the Clever Cat. Each day when we pooper scoop, we just turn the lid over and dump it back into the pan. We now have about a tenth the amount of tracked litter because the cats can't shoot the litter all over the room with their little paws.

The pan also provides some privacy for the cats. We have four children, all under the age of 7, so it's helpful that the cats can sneak into the pan with little interruption. It is not, however, childproof as my 1 year old found a way to crawl on top of the pan and dig out litter (yuck!). She is, sadly, faster than I am, though I've learned to not let her in the laundry room at all. ;)




PROS: Very well-designed, although it is similar to "any large plastic bin" the lid is well worth the price. There is less odor as well.

CONS: A little pricey, but I can't imagine how much it costs to sweep up litter every day. You also should scoop every day since it is mostly a closed unit.

COST: We bought ours at Petco for about $30.

RATING(out of 4):

2 comments:

Kimberly December 2, 2008 at 12:07 AM  

interesting..
we moved our litter boxes to the garage..i just couldn't handle them downstairs in the house anymore..

but now we need to leave the garage door open a bit...
we may have to try these..
but i did buy a covered one soon after getting our first kitty..and he refused to get in it..

MATINA June 30, 2021 at 10:40 AM  


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.


  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP