Thursday, December 20, 2007

Our lives....on a budget

The year 2008 is rolling in at a faster pace than I'd expected. And even though January 1, 2008 is really just a day later than December 31, 2007...and, frankly, it's not as if there is a big change from one day to next...it IS one of the most convenient days to choose to "start over" or start something new.

This year, my main goal is to get a hold on our finances. We've never lived on a strict budget and our savings comes and goes. We now have four children and I don't feel like I can teach my children about money management when I haven't really pulled it together myself. (Can you say "hypocrite?")

The goal this year is to establish our money goals, get out of debt, and really watch where the money is going. Without even looking, I can tell you a big part of our throw away money goes to fast food/restaurants. It's been a struggle being pregnant with three kids under 5.5 years; throw a newborn into the mix and it's difficult to always prepare meals for us all. Now that dd4 is 2 months old, I have to recommit to having all meals at home.

I've often wondered how much money we'd save in a year by not eating out. Here's our chance to find out!

0 comments:


  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP