Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dental Care

My two oldest had their dental checkup today. It went well, though we do have a few cavities to speak of :( Apparently, they inherited my crowded teeth and we're not flossing enough.

As usual at a dental exam, the dentist gave each of the girls a toothbrush. Though they are cute (the handles look like a whale), they are made in China.

Why do I care? Every week I get recall notices in my email box and the majority of them are lead paint recalls from China. I'm just not comfortable with products from China, especially those that are put in my children's mouth.

So I went on a search for toothbrushes for the girls. It may seem as if there is no selection for Made in the USA products, I've found the following:

TOOTHBRUSHES
Dr. Du-More's (I've purchased the flossers at Wal-Mart)
Radius
Oral-B (be sure to check the label)
POH

Remember the '07 scare about China toothpaste?

TOOTHPASTE
Tom's of Maine
Nature's Gate


I'll update this after we've tried any of the toothbrushes. We already love Tom's of Maine and have been using it for years.

1 comments:

Is It Still Made In The USA Blogger November 8, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

Hi. Nice blog. You left a comment on my blog, thanks!

About the toothbrush/tooth paste issue...I did a blog about it in Jan. You might want to check it out. I have some info and urls you might be interested in...
http://madeinusaoreuro.blogspot.com/2008/01/toothbrushes-toothpaste-watch-what-you.html

cheers,
Maxine


  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP