Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tagless tags cause rash-Carter's clothes

I've made it known that I've avoided products made in China for the last year or so. I thought I was being safe until I saw THIS RECALL.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Carter’s, Inc., of Atlanta, Georgia, are advising parents and caregivers that they have received reports that a small percentage of babies and infants have developed rashes on the upper back after wearing Carter’s clothing with heat-transferred, or “tag-less,” labels.

This advisory applies to Carter’s Fall 2007 product line. The Fall 2007 line utilizes a label on the inside back of the garment that has a raised surface with a solid, rather than a stenciled, background. This advisory does not apply to previous and current product lines, which utilize labels with stenciled backgrounds.

The garments, which were made in various countries, were sold at Carter’s own retail stores and at department and national chain stores.


I bought a few items from Carter's a couple weeks ago. None were made in China, but apparently the paint is all the same. Wanna bet it was made in China?

1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 11, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

Thanks for this info. I'll pass it on to my daughter-in-law.


  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP